The General Auditions are an annual event where member performers can be seen by 150-200 auditors representing 80-90 theatre companies of all sizes, as well as independent directors and casting directors.
The auditions are scheduled for February 8, 9, and 10, 2020. Non-Equity actors will be seen between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Actors under 18 will only be seen in the morning on Sunday. Equity actors will be seen between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Monday.
TBA General Auditions 2020 - Auditor Registration:
February 8-10, 2020
Marines Memorial Theatre, 609 Sutter Street, San Francisco, CA 94102
9:30 a.m.*-5:00 p.m.
*9:30 a.m. is the recommended arrival time.
Check-in begins at 9:00 a.m. and the auditions start promptly at 10:00 a.m.
TBA COMPANY and SSDC MEMBERS First Access Registration* Early Bird Regis.** Regular Regis.
1 Day (max 2 auditors at a time) $60 $70 $80
2 Days (max 2 auditors at a time) $110 $120 $130
3 Days (max 2 auditors at a time) $160 $170 $180
Extra Auditor: $30 X quantity X days = ____ $35 X quantity X days =___ $40 X quantity X days =___
NON TBA COMPANY MEMBERS First Access Registration* Early Bird Regis.** Regular Regis.
1 Day (max 2 auditors at a time) $90 $100 $110
2 Days (max 2 auditors at a time) $170 $180 $190
3 Days (max 2 auditors at a time) $245 $255 $265
Extra Auditor: $40 X quantity X days = ____ $45 X quantity X days =___ $50 X quantity X days =___
*register by Nov 1, 2018, **by Jan , 2019
- REGISTER FOR 3 DAYS AND SAVE! Please note, you cannot request headshots & resumes for a day for which you are not registered.
- Please note that regular registration includes no more than two auditors at a time. If you need more than two there is an extra fee of $30-$50 (depending on the time of registration via certain discounts) for additional auditors. You can, however switch auditors out throughout the day (e.g. You are paying for seats in the theater as opposed to specific people). Each auditor should sign in when they arrive for each day and when they leave for the day. Even if you have more than one auditor at a time you can still only collect one set of headshots & résumés.
- You will get a confirmation email about your registration; make sure you double-check your information before submitting! If you need to make any changes to your registration, please call the TBA office (number in bold down below)
- REFUND POLICY: Cancellations with refunds can be requested up to 5:00pm on February 6th, 2020. No refund requests will be accepted after that date.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW!
Other Options of Registration:
- Or Mail completed registration form (both pages) to:
Theatre Bay Area, General Auditions Registration
1119 Market Street, 2nd Floor. San Francisco, CA 94103
- Or you can FAX your registration form to 415-430-1145 (with a valid CC#)
- Payment and registration should be postmarked by Nov 1, 2019 in order to get the First Access rate ($20 off).
- Payment and registration should be postmarked by Jan 10, 2020 in order to get the Early Bird rate ($10 off).
Auditor Tips & Miscellaneous Information:
- TIPS: Dress comfortably and in layers (They are long days and we can’t keep the theatre at the perfect temperature for everyone). Please remember that clear bottled water is the only beverage allowed in the theatre. There are plenty of restaurants in the area, but please keep in mind the lunch break is only an hour and a half. TBA provides coffee, tea and snacks during the morning and afternoon breaks.
- A note on the selection of the actors for the auditions: As in the past, applicants for the General Auditions will be carefully screened by a panel of casting directors, artistic directors and Equity actors using a standardized list of criteria recommended by our Theatre Services Committee. We are continuing outreach to underrepresented communities in order to include more actors of color, physically challenged actors, and actors who are new to town. This reflects our ongoing commitment to meeting the needs of the auditors and sponsoring a professionally-run annual audition showcasing premium Bay Area talent (union and nonunion).
- We provide actors with a list of auditors present during their audition time, including the name(s) of the auditor(s), the theatre name and address, but not phone numbers or e-mails.
If you have any questions or additional comments:
Feel free to contact Theatre Bay Area at 415-430-1140 Ext. *16