|Annual Conference 2016: Schedule & Events|
2016 Theatre Bay Area Annual Conference Schedule Overview
9:00 a.m. - Conference registration and check-in
Conference Sessions and Events
Click here for the full conference agenda!
• Kick-Off the day with the big picture from national theater luminaries, Diane Rodriguez (Center Theatre Group), Greg Reiner (National Endowment for the Arts) and Teresa Eyring (TCG). Get inspired by Diane’s soaring keynote address, understand the national perspective from Greg’s vantage at the NEA, and go global as Teresa connects the international theatre scene to theater makers Bay Area.
• Leading theatre funders at the national, state and regional level will share new directions and opportunities for support for Bay Area theatre makers. Panelists for this very special funder panel include: Christine Elbel (Fleishhacker Foundation), Teresa Eyring (Theatre Communications Group/TCG), John McGuirk (William and Flora Hewlett Foundation), Frances Phillips (Walter and Elise Haas Fund), Greg Reiner (National Endowment for the Arts) and Craig Watson (California Arts Council).
• Brad Erickson, executive director of Theatre Bay Area, will deliver the informative and inspiring annual “State of the Arts” address
• ArtEquity founder and director Carmen Morgan—whose work leads the field on equity, diversity, and inclusion issues—will conduct a special session on how service organizations can best address issues of inclusion
• Claire Rice from Sustain Arts will demonstrate how the platform can help fundraising and marketing staff learn who funds what, who goes where and how nonprofits can capitalize on these data trends
• Actors’ Equity Association will lead two sessions: “Equity 101 for Actors and Stage Managers” and “Equity 101 for Producers”
• TBA will host a session on how to break into the theatre biz, for artists new to the field or to the Bay Area
• ATLAS artists will share insight with theatre-makers on how to take that next career step
• Producer and Technician/Designer Speed Dating will return again, as will our very popular job-title breakouts.
• The team at TodayTix will lead a session about mobile marketing
• JCA Marketing/The Pricing Institute will teach how companies can price right and manage inventory for maximum revenue
• The Playwright Cabaret will offer fresh staged readings of Bay Area playwrights’ work
• The Glickman committee and Theatre Bay Area will present the Will Glickman Award to playwright Lauren Yee and SF Playhouse for in a word, the best new play to premiere in the Bay Area in 2015
Special Conference Offerings
Speed Coaching for Artists and Organizations
We will continue to update the day’s schedule as events are confirmed—keep checking back!
Thank you to this year’s Annual Conference sponsors!
Thank you to the California Arts Council for their support of this program.
Advertising and Sponsorship
Does your business offer services to theatre companies or individual artists? Click here to learn how to get your business in front of nearly 500 theatre-makers from across the Bay Area at this year’s Annual Conference.
Questions? Contact Alli Houseworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us for the 2017 Theatre Bay Area Annual Conference on March 13 and get the opportunity to network with 400 industry professionals, share strategies on trending issues, develop skills, and build community.
Early Bird Registration ends February 3. Register today and save!