Advertise with us
Contact Us   |   Sign In   |   JOIN
General Discussion
Moderator(s): James Nelson
Page 1 of 1
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Author Latest Post
Introduction Thread! Come say hello! 2 J. Nelson Helloooo, everyone! I'm Katharine and I also work at TBA. I just joined the team at the start of February as our new Marketing Associate. I'm also an actress (theatre & new media mostly), newly relocated to the Bay Area (home!) from Los Angeles. I like Chekhov, being outside, and pizza. Your pizza recommendations are always welcome,
by K. Chin
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
TBA Generals 2017: Time Slot Switch 0 V. Maynez Hello Fellow Auditioners,  I was scheduled for a Non-AEA audition slot on Sunday, 2/5/17 at 3:45 PM. Would anyone like to switch for something that same day between 1:45 PM and 3:00 PM?    I did not indicate that I would be singing and I am not part of ATLAS.   My number is 559-301-1109. Feel free to call or text.   Best,  Veronica Maynez
by V. Maynez
26 minutes ago
Office space available in SF starting in spring 0 Margaret Jenkins Dance Company is going to have some space available in their office on Polk and Golden Gate: We love being here. It’s centrally located, close to City Hall and Bart and all bus routes. We have about 1025 square feet opening for sublet. MJDC staff has one room, and the outer office had  been sub-leased by a real estate company. We had thought they were continuing into the future, but for numerous reasons they are not able to. Our lease is upfor renewal January 31, 2017.  We are looking for another company or combination of individuals to sub-lease the outer office. It’s an open space, lots of light and amenities  (kitchen and great Xerox and copier) and is becoming available between Feb. 1 and April 1 depending on when someone might like to move in. There is plenty of room for 4 work stations or a company who might want the great location and well-run building. If you know of or know of someone(s) who might be looking, we’d be pleased to show them the space and do a walk through and at that time discuss the financial commitment. Thanks in advance for your time and any suggestions you might have. All best, Marg Margaret Jenkins 507 Polk St. #320 San Francisco, CA 94102 www.mjdc.org 415-861-3940 office 415-826-8392 fax 415-225-3930 cell
by
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
TBA 2016 Time Trade Sunday 12:15 for Sat. 0 S. Matsui-Colby Hello!  I'm desperate to change times and the yahoo forums have not been helpful.  I have a 1/31 Sunday at 12:15 and I'm looking for a Saturday time or very early Sunday.  I'm non-ATLAS, non-Singer.  Please call/txt: 707.364.8440   Thank you! Sara
by S. Matsui-Colby
Friday, January 22, 2016
Inexpensive Liability Insurance? 2 AaaahZ Youth Theatre Hello Kendra,I am a member looking to purchase liability and group accident insurance from GALES CREEK by way of TBA. Could you please send me the forms. My name is LIZZ ROMAN MY GROUP IS LIZZ ROMAN &DANCERS. Lizz Roman
by LIZZ ROMAN & DANCERS
Monday, April 13, 2015
TBA Auditions 2015 0 C. Walraven Hi, I am desperate to change my TBA audition slot.  Non-union, Non-singing, Non-ATLAS.  My audition is Saturday at 4:45 and I am looking for something earlier either for Saturday or Sunday. Thanks
by C. Walraven
Friday, February 13, 2015
TBA 2015 Audition Time Trade? 0 B. Williams Hi!   My audition time is at 2:30pm on Monday. Feb. 23rd.  I need an early morning time slot if at all possible.  Anyone willing to trade with me?  I should mention that I checked "may sing" so I must trade with another equity actor that also checked "may sing."  I am looking for any time before 10:30am.   Thanks!   - Brian
by B. Williams
Friday, January 9, 2015
Lorraine Hansberry Theatre sponsoring ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Event! 0 D. Albright After this Saturday's matinee performance of Mingus Remixed - a tribute to Charles Mingus, one of America's greatest jazz  composers who died of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lorraine Hansberry Theatre will hold an ALS Ice Bucket Challenge between 3:30 to 4:30 p.m. The event takes place on Saturday, 9/6  at 2 p.m at Creativity Theatre at the Children's Creativity Museum (formerly ZEUM) 221 Fourth Street (@ Howard), San Francisco. LHT encourages the Theatre Bay Area community to come and support this grassroots movement to raise awareness in support of a cure for this devastating disease! Check out www.lhtsf.org. 
by D. Albright
Friday, September 5, 2014
Huge Costume Sale in Hayward 0 D. Albright **HUGE COSTUME SALE** CHEAP Prices!!! The Douglas Morrisson Theatre is cleaning out their costume warehouse and getting rid of many clothes and costumes to help to give us more needed space. Costumes, clothing (some vintage) and also lots of fabric, too. A few costumes from old productions. FRIDAY Sept 26, 10-6: *Preview* for BATB members and theatre community. SATURDAY Sept 27, 10-3: Open to the Public **MARK Your Calendars** For more information or details please contact John Lewis. email: jldollboy@yahoo.com phone: (510) 881-6760 John Lewis Douglas Morrisson Theatre, Hayward Costume Department Supervisor (510) 881-6760 theatre websites : www.dmtrentals.org http://www.dmtonline.org/
by D. Albright
Friday, August 22, 2014
Golden Thread Production's Acting Work shop! 0 Golden Thread Productions Weekly Acting Workshop BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Co-presented by Golden Thread Productions and La Pena Cultural Center! Enhance Your Acting Skills with Torange Yeghiazarian and Majd Murad Sundays 3-6 pm August 3 to September 28, 2014 BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! Drawing from plays by Middle Eastern and Middle Eastern American playwrights, this 9-week workshop will enhance the participants’ skills in improvisation, scene study and solo performance. The curriculum will begin with 3 sessions focused on improvisation, physical performance techniques, and stock characters rooted in Commedia dell Arte. Participants will apply those skills in the next 4 sessions towards dramatic text analysis, building a character, and physical story-telling. The participants will present their scenes at the final session which will be open to invited guests. By the end of the term, participants will have developed stronger improvisational skills, deeper understanding of dramatic character & text, and more confidence in self-expression. No prior acting experience required. Must be 18 or older to participate. Tuition $300 Includes $25 Nonrefundable Administrative Fee LEARN MORE: http://www.goldenthread.org/education/acting-workshop-2014/ SIGN UP NOW: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/acting-workshop-with-golden-thread-tickets-12022761403?aff=eorg
by Golden Thread Productions
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Who do folks recommend for singing lessons in SF? 3 L. Janiak The best place to look is National Associations of Teachers of Singing www.sfbacnats.org. As a voice teacher and opera singer I can tell you, you can rest assured that no one is trying to convert you.
by S. Sloan
Sunday, July 13, 2014
Claire Rice's article "4 Things Theatre Bay Area Should Do" 0 J. Nelson This is a cool read from the San Francisco Theater Pub blog. Especially right now, in the midst of our current strategic planning, we love hearing people discuss this kind of thing.What would be on your list?
by J. Nelson
Monday, July 7, 2014
TBACon14 Takeaways 1 M. Kahng People who don't play video games often disregard the storytelling potential for the medium, but there's some real amazing stuff to be taken from the field. "Device 6" for the iPad is a great example of mixing technology with storytelling. Naughty Dog's "The Last of Us" and Yager's "Spec Ops: The Line" are both great examples of deep, resonating video game stories that were really well executed.
by J. Nelson
Monday, April 21, 2014