What’s it like to work in a fast-paced office full of other theatre professionals who share your passion for the Bay Area theatre community? Find out! (Spoiler alert: There's lots of candy.)
Theatre Bay Area is hiring a membership and events associate to help our members (mostly member companies) get the most out of their TBA memberships!
Read on for the juicy details...
Membership and Events Associate
The membership associate assists the program director in all aspects of support for our membership services and events. The position is hourly, initially approximately 26 hours/week (part-time) and effective July 1, 2015 goes to 35 hours/week (full-time).
1. Assist in membership support duties (concentration on company memberships)
• Answer phones and provide customer service to members
• Maintain databases (membership)
• Provide clerical assistance (filing, data entry, mailings, etc.)
• Email/send membership packets/invoices to members as needed
2. Primary coordinator of logistics for all Theatre Bay Area events.
Events include, but are not limited to:
• General and Regional Auditions
• Annual Conference
• Workshops as scheduled
3. Event logistics duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist in organizing pre-event logistics (pre-planning, venue, vendors, registration, marketing, etc.)
• Attend events as necessary for day-of event logistics
4. Assist in the generation and distribution of information about and marketing materials for Theatre Bay Area services as appropriate, including but not limited to:
• Granting Programs
5. Be the primary presence at Theatre Bay Area front desk: answer questions, handle cash/credit card transactions, manage mail/e-mail correspondence, assist with postcard distribution, etc.
6. Be the primary contact for Theatre Bay Area office vendors (office supplies, phone, IT, etc.)
7. Various duties as needed
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Basic knowledge of clerical procedures and standard office practices
• Working knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office suite)
• Ability to interact with a variety of people in a courteous and professional manner
• Graphic design knowledge helpful (Adobe suite)
• Some knowledge of theatre and/or theatre administration helpful
• Starting wage is $14/hr with paid vacation and sick time; full health benefits (benefits effective October 1, 2015)
• Submit cover letter and resume by May 12, 2015 via email to email@example.com OR by mail to: Theatre Bay Area, ATTN: Membership and Events Associate, 1119 Market Street, 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103