Theatre Bay Area seeks a part-time membership assistant/events and office coordinator to join our downtown San Francisco-based team.
The membership assistant/events and office coordinator is the primary contact in Theatre Bay Area for our various events, for individual membership and for office support duties. The position will be hourly, approximately 18 hours/week (with occasional increase in hours around specific events).
- Serve as primary coordinator of logistics for all Theatre Bay Area events such as the General Auditions, Regional Auditions, Annual Conference, Glickman ceremony and community workshops as scheduled. This will include assisting with event planning, marketing and day-of coordinating.
- Assist in individual membership support duties
- Answer phones and provide customer service to members
- Maintain membership databases
- Provide clerical assistance with filing, data entry, word processing, mailings, etc.
- Send membership packets to members
- Maintain stock of Theatre Bay Area publications and process orders
- Serve as office coordinator, which includes acting as primary contact for service vendors, performing basic office maintenance, ordering supplies and attending meetings and taking notes
- Serve as main front desk contact, answering questions, handling cash and processing credit card transaactions
- Other duties as needed
- Ability to be a motivated self-starter
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of clerical procedures and standard office practices
- Working knowledge of computer software (Word, Excel & database software)
- Ability to interact with a variety of people in a courteous and professional manner
- Some knowledge of theatre, theatre administration and fundraising
- Competitive hourly wage with paid vacation and sick time